Subtle changes in your ability to hear sounds can be hard to notice because of how slowly hearing loss usually progresses. Even though children are regularly tested, most adults don’t even consider scheduling a hearing test like they would their vision. You wouldn’t neglect a decline in your eyesight, so why wouldn’t you track your hearing health?
It’s worthwhile to get regular hearing exams, here are six reasons why:
- Spotting the Signs: Everyday situations can expose potential hearing issues. Ask yourself these questions: Do I frequently ask people to repeat themselves? Do I need to crank up the volume on the TV? Do noisy environments make discussions challenging? It’s time for you to get a hearing test if you answered yes to the majority of these questions.
- Following Guidelines: Until you turn 50, you should get a hearing exam every 10 years and every 3 years after that, as recommended by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Family History Matters: If other members of your family have hearing issues, this is an ideal reason to schedule a hearing exam with us.
- Establishing a Baseline: We will use baselines, which will give a frame of reference for further comparison to track changes to your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Regular hearing tests can detect issues early on, like earwax buildup or noise-induced hearing loss, allowing for quick intervention and avoiding additional damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Underlying medical disorders, like kidney disease, cardiovascular disease, or high blood pressure can in some cases be indicated by hearing loss. If you do have one of these disorders, treating it might help your hearing.
Your physical safety, emotional well-being, and social life are some of the extensive consequences of untreated hearing loss. Hearing aids can substantially improve your hearing and overall quality of life, permitting you to fully participate in conversations, enjoy social gatherings, and remain alert to important sounds in your environment.
Don’t miss out on the sound of a loved one’s voice, the laughter of a grandchild, or an important work meeting.
Schedule a hearing exam with us today to safeguard your hearing health and rediscover the sounds that enhance your life.